Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Relaxing at Home

It's been awhile since I've been able to do just that. After a few hectic weeks, we opened Grease last weekend to a couple of great audiences. The students performed well, and more importantly, I have begun to sleep again!

Tonight Sarah and I went to my mom's to borrow her mower (life lesson: take your mower in BEFORE spring to get tuned up so you don't have to go a month without one in the spring!), and she and Rick made us some tasty filets. It was only a couple of hours that we were there, but the point is that we had time to do this.

We arrived back home about 45 minutes ago, and I am presently blogging in the living room while watching the results episode of Dancing With the Stars. It's just nice to be able to do that and not feel pressured to go to bed or do things for work.

So though I love my vocation, I'm glad the summer is coming. I'll get to reconnect with nature by being outside more, and I'll have some down time to recharge myself for next fall. Part of that will be writing my technical theater classes, which will be fun but a bit scary since I'm the only one teaching it.

Ok, so I'm noticing a number of new blog entries evolving from the past few paragraphs. But this will suffice for now. At least Carrie will be off my back for a few days!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

A few days!?!?! Lol!
I can't wait for summer!!! I love my down time. April and May are just way too packed for me.
By the way...do you still have Grease tickets available for Thursday night? hee hee hee.
Love...Carrie