Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Why Am I Here?

Those who know me know that I'm a busy person. Between teaching, grad school classes, and an after school theater program that can consume more time than actually teaching, some of you may wonder why I'm adding yet another helping of food to my plate of life. My fiancee joked that my blog should be titled "My fiancee won't marry me if I add one more thing to my schedule." That's how my title was created.

I do lead a busy life, I admit it. Hopefully, once I'm done with grad school in a few years my life will be less hectic. Plus I'm getting better at managing my time between teaching and working at the Northwest Indiana Writing Project. Sometimes it can be hard to find time to relax. Since I like writing, I now have a place to unwind and keep life in perspective.

This is all inspired by Sarah Verpooten's recent blog about her son Miles growing up so fast. They say life is what happens when you are busy making plans, and I don't want life to just pass me by without knowing what's happening or stopping to think about it. So from time to time--and I'm hoping that I will be able to post once a week--I will be offering my musings on life and specifically my life.

So I hope you enjoy what I write, and maybe I'll offer some words of humor, comfort, or inspiration from time to time. But right now, after a 12 hour day, I'm going to spend a little bit of time with my fiancee...who has gone to get her laptop to work...I think she's trying to spite me.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'm so excited you have a blog! It's just a fun way to keep track of life and just unwind sometimes. And...I love the blog address...that was so creative!