Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cassidy's First Birthday!

Two posts in one day? Move over 2010, the Apocolypse is NOW! I just got home from my niece's first birthday party. I can remember cuddling her at the hospital on the night she was born, and now she's walking!
















Mom and dad getting ready to open presents!

She is pretty good at opening her presents...













Who doesn't like a rocking horse? Cassidy apparently. I think she didn't know quite what to make of it, especially since it neighs and the tail wags!














Cassidy got some cool presents, including this handmade doll.













But she really liked the wrapping that the gifts came in.











...I mean really liked the wrapping...













...I mean REALLY liked the wrapping!













Seriously, for Christmas, I'm going to wrap some empty boxes for her!












My sister baked cupcakes, including the gigantic one with the candle. Unfortunately, Cassidy was too intimidated to smash her face in it, so it was still intact!































Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?













There is a Polish tradition of setting out a shotglass, a coin, and a Rosary on the first birthday. If the baby grabs the shotglass, it means a life of drinking, the coin a life of money, and the Rosary a life of faith.









Yes, it looks like she's going for the shotglass...














...but in the end she grabbe the Rosary.













A nice picture of my sister, niece, and my cousins Gina and Maria.

No comments: